Paper Trees

Saturday, November 24, 2007

I have become addicted to making these paper trees. Last year for Christmas I made a bunch of those glitter ornaments. You can see them here. But this year it is these paper trees. This is another tutorial on Splitcoast. I have been to Hobby Lobby twice now to get the materials to make them. I will use these as gifts for Christmas. I am so proud of the way they turned out.

Here is the forest of all the ones I have made so far:



This is the first one I made. It is actually my favorite. I still have to find some moss to go around the bottom of the tree to cover up the the styrofoam.



This one is very similar to the first.



I decided not to put a pot on the bottom of this one.



Then I found these mini cones. So I thought I would make some mini paper trees. I made this blue colored one with a snowflake topper. The tutorial says you cut the strips of paper 1x4 inches so I did that for this one as well as the previous ones. I thought it looked a little odd so for the next one I cut the strips 3/4 x 3 inches. That worked much better. I put the red and green one on a flower pot but I still have to find something to cover the bottom. I made a snowflake topper for the other one using some chipboard I painted white.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to try one of these...yours turned out so cute!

Lee said...

Wow! You can really do these for so many different occasions just by choosing different papers!!!