Weekend Sketch Challenge

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

If you are not a stamper you might not be familiar with Beate Johns. She is a giant in the stamping world, her work is fantastic. On her blog, Fresh and Fun, she puts up a weekend sketch challenge each Friday. This was my first time to participate in the challenge and I must say I am very happy with this card even though it is simple. I should definitely try more of these.



I used Bud Basics and Warm Words stamp sets. My cardstock is Chocolate Chip for the base with Certainly Celery and Regal Rose for layers (which I do believe has become my new favorite color combo, at least for the moment). I had these flower eyelets which I set with my crop-a-dile of course. If you are stamping in front of non-stampers (which I was at my BIL's house) this tool always gets the question "what is that thing" to which yields the response "only one of the greatest tools known to man", then you get a funny look followed by "so what does it do". This is then followed by a demonstration of setting an eyelet, but alas Riley was not impressed. Whatever you non-stamper you! Anyway then I used the large oval to punch out my word.

11 comments:

Debbi said...

I love simple!!! This is a great card!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, Thanks for your kind words. I don't know about being a giant though. LOL
Your card turned out beautiful! I love your color combo and your double eyelets!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Its a fab card! The colour combo is lovely. :)
Vanessa.

Aimee said...

Great job on the sketch... love those brads.

Unknown said...

I'm jealous! I want a crop-a-dile!
Michael's has been out of them for a month. :-(
Great card!

ChrissyM said...

Lovely cards! Great color combo! And great job on the coloring! TFS

Chrissy

Lee said...

How beautiful!!! I love the colors and the soft coloring!! I haven't tried one of these yet....I'll have to put it on my list....looks fun, fun, fun!!!

Unknown said...

Good job wit the sketch!!!Love your card!!!!TFS

Helen said...

I love simple cards and yours is beautiful.

UrgentCookie said...

Great work! I love the flower eyelets. :0)

Card~I~ology Creations said...

Love the colors and the eyelets...