My AHA moment

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I was reading a blog yesterday and had the biggest AHA moment. I have always wondered how people make these great scrapbook pages with the perfect size pictures. I want Photoshop Elements for my computer but have not purchased it yet and I figured people must have been loading their pictures and printing them smaller (and I don't print my own pictures). Then I saw this post on Paper Jewels and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Now I cannot download that Shutterfly program because I have a Mac (after all the cute commercials you would think more people would get on board with making programs that work for both PC and Macs, but that is another post entirely). But I do use Shutterfly to upload and print my pictures. I recently discovered this program on my computer called Comic Life. It is supposed to be used to make Comics (and educational ones at that) but I use it to make cute little picture layouts. I can create these layouts and upload them as a jpeg to Shutterfly and then cut them up to have the perfect sized photo. I have been wanting to make some coaster sized scrapbooks but did not have pictures that were small enough to work. DUH, I can print them smaller.

Anyone have any AHA scrapbook moments you would like to share?


Here is a sample layout I made a while ago with the Comic Life program:

5 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Jennifer! What a cute layout!! I admit I'm sooo behind in scrapping with my stamping addiction but I'm sure I have tons to learn!!! I haven't ever used Shutterfly, thanks for mentioning that and I'll have to check it out!

ChrissyM said...

There is always something to learn. I have a problem getting my mats straight regardless of what I do. It just dawned on me DUH cut the mats on the cricut machine!! Now I know for next time. LOL! I'll have to check out Shutterfly I usually use Snapfish.

Your page looks fantastic! Love the size of the pictures. I have disney layout I want to do but keep pushing it aside because I can't get my pictures to print small enough.

Teresa said...

One of my big AHA moments was learning to use the cropping feature on Shutterfly after I got my 7MP camera. I didn't need to be upclose because I could crop down to just the part of the picture I wanted and with the 7MP camera I still got great sharpness.

I LOVE Shutterfly. I tell all my friends about it. They always seem to be ahead of the curve compared to the other online photo places.

PS to Chrissy if she reads this: try the Perfect Layers rulers- they work GREAT for matting exactly.

Emily said...

You rock! Thanks for sharing the link. I LOVE This.

Card~I~ology Creations said...

great layout.. Love what you did with the title..