Scrapbooking process

Friday, March 20, 2009

I made 5 pages last night while watching ER and an old Without a Trace. I haven't taken a picture of them yet but I thought I would share my scrapbook process. I have set myself a goal of 200 pages to complete in 2009. 100 of those for my project 365 which will really end up with about 106 pages in it but the last few won't be complete until January so that will technically be 2010. The other 100 are for my other albums, mainly Kaitlyn and Kyle's. I am in a challenge with my CM consultant to complete 2 pages per week. So far so good, or at least pretty good. I have only had 2 weeks this year that I have completed 0 pages and last week I only completed 1.

After my pictures are printed I put them in chronologically order. I then pick a few pictures from an event and pick out the background paper, accent paper and embellishments I am going to use.



I put those in this organizer with these folders I got from Creative Memories.

I usually scrap somewhere other than my house (my BIL's, crops, Archiver's, etc.) so this way my stuff is ready to go anytime I want. Then when I sit down to create the page I have all the stuff there. There are plenty of times I decide I want something different for that page so I just save it for later or put it up and work on a different page.

I have also been using sketches a lot lately. I have printed hundreds of them and have a notebook I use to help inspire me.



Some of the sketches I use are from Splitcoaststampers sketch challenges, Becky Higgins sketches, and other sketch blogs. There is a very helpful website here that I found while surfing one day: Sketch Lover.

I find a sketch I like and then arrange my page, I adhere everything then add my stickers or embellishments. Last is the journaling. I am not a big journaler. I have also been typing my journaling a lot more lately. I still handwrite some because I think it is important to have my own handwriting in my books but it just looks so much neater to type and you can really set the tone of the page with the font you choose.

It is a rare thing for me to complete this process from start to finish in one sitting.

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Thanks for that awesome sketch blog! I use BH sketches and love those but didn't know there were so many others to choose from.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Thanks for sharing your process. I'm so overwhelmed by scrapbooking that I hardly do any at all. The sketch book seems like a great help!

The Hanlons said...

5 in one day. Whoooooo...putting the pressure on me. Hee hee. I have to get REALLY ahead b/f volleyball starts!