One sketch, 3 cards

Saturday, February 23, 2008

I finally got to try Beate's weekend sketch challenge on a Friday (the day it is posted). I stamped for a good bit last night and made 8 cards. I got this new Cupcake stamp set by Hero Arts yesterday with my $3 off Archiver's coupon. I went in there to get the stamp press that I had used last weekend on the make and take but they were out of them. Oh well that means I can just wait for a 30% coupon to get that later. I stamped several cupcakes and watercolored the images then made the cards.
Anyway, here is the first card I made (it is my favorite).
I wanted to use this circle ribbon I had even though after I go the card made I think I should have used my groovy guava ribbon. I used Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean and Groovy Guava stamp pads to watercolor the image then punched it out with my scallop square. I used Chocolate Chip and Cool Caribbean cardstock and stamped the images with Chocolate Chip ink.












Then I made another card using the same sketch. This time I used my watercolor wonder crayons to watercolor the image. I again punched it out using my scallop square. Cardstock is Rose Red, Regal Rose and Elegant Eggplant with eggplant ribbon tied around it.













When I first saw this stamp set I thought of the Bold Bright color family but this is my least favorite of the three cards. The Bold Brights used to be my favorite family and the first colors I reached for, now they are the last. Funny how are tastes change over time.
I colored the image with my markers, used the circle punch to punch it out. Then I used my scallop punch on Pink Passion cardstock. My other cardstock used is Orchid Opulence and YoYo Yellow. I tied orchid ribbon around it and stamped my images in Basic Black.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cupcake cards, Jennifer!
Thanks so much for playing with the sketch!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

YUMMY ! The cards are great!

ChrissyM said...

Cute cards!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, they're fab, love the muffins. :)

Vanessa.

Teresa said...

I like all the cards but agree with you that #1 is my favorite!

Laura lok said...

cute as a cupcake