Little Stamper

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I went to Archiver's today and Kaitlyn happened to be with me. She decided that I needed to buy her some paper. So I directed her to the clearance section and told her she could pick out a few sheets, I then went to get what I went in there for in the first place. She picked out 5 sheets of paper and found these glitter letter stickers she thought she needed too. I ended up spending about twice as much money as I intended. So of course when we got home she was dying to stamp. In about an hour and a half she stamped 6 cards. I gave her an old idea book I had and she copied 6 different cards. In that same amount of time I made 6 cards except mine were all the same. Now in my defense I did have to keep stopping and help her cut the paper but all in all she out stamped me tonight. Here are the cards she made:







And she was so proud of herself (as was I).
*ETA-- I guess I should have said that she is 8 years old and will be in the third grade next year. She also is ADHD and so the fact that she sat and did this for an hour and a half is amazing.

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

These are wonderful cards. What a proud momma you are and what a talented daughter you have. May I ask how old she is? You may have spent more than you planned but in this case I think it was well worth it.

Kelley said...

Well serious stampin' is in her blood, ya know! Tell her that her cards are just beautiful! I wish I could crank out such cute cards in that amount of time. Keep up the great work Kaitlyn!! :)

Ellie said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW that is so amazing! She rocked those cards! :) My oldest son has ADHD as well and there is something about stamping and drawing for him that just calms him down.. He's 9 and that is one thing that I know will ease him.. :)

Please tell your DD that she did A SUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPERRR JOB!! she gets 2 BIG thumbs up from me :)

-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful cards !! Please tell her so for me! Love the cards and love that she is interested in doing creative things! WTG!

Teresa said...

WOW- her cards are nicer than msot of mine!!! Must be because she has such a good teacher. :)

Sarah said...

Your DD's card look great!!! I never would have guessed her to be only 8!!