If at first you don't succeed...

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Those of you who read my blog often know that I am in love with the new rub-ons from Stampin' Up. I went to Dollar Tree and just wondered around looking for stuff I could use the rub-ons on. I found this picture frame and thought I could spice it up a little. I tried the black rub-ons on the white mat but when I pulled the film off part of the rub-on that I didn't want to come off did.

Here is the mistake:


So I took a piece of Certainly Celery and traced that mat to make a new mat for the frame. Then I used the brown rub-ons and tried again, this time I cut out the part I needed. I usually do that but for some reason didn't the first try. Here is the second attempt, I turned out better than the white anyway.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Oh I love this idea!!! And just think of the color possibilities with making your own mats! Thanks so much for the tips!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Try these tips for taking off the unwanted rubons: use tape to try and peel off the rubon, use a white gum eraser, or camouflage it by weaving a wide ribbon through the picture openings.

Christi Flores said...

What a great idea!! Beautiful job!

Beth said...

Aw, I gotta hang out in the Dollar Tree more often! These are too cool. Beautiful job with the rub on's. Great advice from "anonymous" too, I didn't know that.

Suzanne said...

I liked the white, but I really like the green. The Dollar store is a favorite place of mine especially the area with the frames. You did a great job with this.

ChrissyM said...

Wow! I really love the black and white one! Great idea!!

Sewflake said...

They both look lovely, I too like rub ons.