Chalkboard Technique

Friday, February 29, 2008

On Wed. the tutorial on splitcoast was the Chalkboard Technique. So I made this card using that technique. I had never tried that technique before and I liked it although I did not have any swiffer cloths to wipe away my excess.



Supplies used: Garden Green, Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant and white cardstock, White craft ink, SU pastels, eggplant ribbon, and Big Flowers and Warm Words stamp sets.

I also received this card yesterday in the mail from my good friend Abbie.

8 comments:

Mayadiz said...

Love the Chalkboard Technique card! The colors just pop out!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors of this card! And the sentiment stamp is great!

Teresa said...

That really looks terrific- I'd be afraid to try colors on such dark cardstock but with that technique they really pop. Love the design also- great job!

ChrissyM said...

Your card is terrific! I never heard/saw this technique before. I love how the colors just pop! Awsome card! I'm a big fan of all your creations!

Ellie said...

OHHH I love how the colors look I'm afraid of Chalk but I'm going to see if I might give it a try :)

TFS

-Ellie

Abbie Johnson said...

um if i had known you were going to put THAT card on the internet, I would have made a fancier one. I'll remember that for next time...

Aimee said...

I love the chalkboard technique!
Love the colors you chose!

cheryl (clee') said...

That chalkboard card is cool! Now I will have to try that technique.