Long Card

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I was determined to get this card finished tonight. It is a long style card and will fit in a letter size envelope. It really should measure 4x9 but I did not want to cut my 12x12 paper so I used a sheet of 8 1/2 x 11, so this card measures 4x8.5.

I love this stamp set but for some reason have a mental block when trying to use it. The stamp set is Time Well Spent. I used regal rose, rose red, and cool caribbean cardstock and this ribbon that was from my stash of Target dollar spot ribbon. I stamped the flower and colored in with my watercolor crayons. It seems I am not seeing as many people use those as much anymore. I did realize that I need watercolor paper because my coloring on this looks kinda splotchy. I also versamarked the smaller flower on the back but you can't really tell.

9 comments:

Becky Elfert said...

Oooh! I love the colors! You've inspired me to break out my watercolor crayons again. Wish me luck.

Anonymous said...

Its gorgeous, you've coloured it lovely.:)
Vanessa.

Ellie said...

I LOVE THIS STAMP SET.. but I can't get my hands on it cause you have to be a demo and I'm not.. this card is so sweet and simple.Lovely :)

-Ellie

Sewflake said...

Nice card, I seem to go in spurts about what technque I use. For a while I made all my cards with watercolor crayons (my favorite over pencels)then do a number with embossed image, for Christmas it was dry embossing and copic markers. Now I seem to be back using SU markers. Maybe time for watercolor crayons again, I Love them.

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Hi Jennifer-

I'm trying to reply to your comment on my blog about the tutorial program, but the email keeps coming back saying it's undeliverable. Could you email me privately please? erikaerin2001 @ yahoo.com (minus the spaces).

Thanks!

Jody said...

I love this card! I'm always drawn to bright colors. Great layout!

Godelieve said...

Love this sized card! It's a real beauty!

UrgentCookie said...

Great card! I love the colors you used. :0)

Rochelle W said...

Great card. Great colors.