More sketch challenges

Friday, January 25, 2008

I have begun to get into these sketch challenges lately. Several people have them on their blogs (I read so many of those these days) and Splitcoast does a card sketch challenge and scrapbook layout challenge once a week. Here is the card sketch from this week: SC160

I made two card almost the same using this sketch. I am trying to use my patterned paper more on cards. I usually reserve it for my scrapbook pages but then I have a hard time using it for that purpose because I want everything to match the colors in the picture (I am trying to get over that too!). So I have all this really pretty paper that just sits on my shelf.


And here is a close up of the brown one, I think this one if my favorite of the two of them.


I used Chocolate chip and Cameo Coral paper along with some patterned paper from a pack I had. I used markers to color on the stamps so that I could achieve a two color stamped image. I used the Take Three stamp set. Added some ribbon and there you have it.

Then I found this sketch challenge from a few weeks ago. SC155
I really liked this sketch so here is what I came up with for it.


Supplies for the left card are Chocolate Chip base for the card with Garden Green and Wild Wasabi layers. I used the Riveting and Little Pieces stamp sets. No bling on this one but I did have to get the circle punches out for this sketch challenge.

Supplies for the right card are Cranberry Crisp for the base with Apricot Appeal and Eggplant Envy for the layers. I used the Delight in Life stamp set from SAB last year. This is one of my favs. Then I found these purple flowers with white brads already in them at Big Lots the other day, 12 for $1. I love them.

Here is a close up of the one on the right. I think I like this one better even though I am not thrilled with the color combo.


After I try a few more sketch challenges I am going to see about getting into the color challenges. I have been on Splitcoast for about 2 and a half years (maybe longer) and cannot believe I have not tried these challenges before, they are great.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job Jennifer. I prefer the brown one too.

UrgentCookie said...

Great job with the sketches. They all look wonderful. :0)

Godelieve said...

I lile your interpretation of the sketches! The purple flowers look really great on your card!

Lee said...

Wow!! I love your sketch cards!! The pink and brown combo is one of my faves lately! And I also love those purple flowers! I am enjoying lots of SCS challenges too!!

Suzanne said...

Great job with the challenges. I want to do more of them myself. I would probably get more done if I wasn't reading so many BLOGS but I love seeing what every one else is creating!

Ellie said...

Awesome work w/the sketches! love them all. :)

-Ellie

ChrissyM said...

Fabulous cards! Great interpretation of the sketches!