WSC 32

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I tried another weekend sketch challenge from Beate's blog. Here is the sketch.

I am not happy with the way my cards turned out. I tried two different cards. Here are they are:





On the first one I used Time Well Spent stamp set, Eggplant Envy, Rose Red, and Regal Rose cardstock. I colored the image with my aqua painter and my watercolor crayons (whch I have grown to love).

On the second card I used the Because of You and Happy Everything stamp sets, Purely Pomgranate, Groovy Guava, and Always Artichoke cardstock. I also watercolored the image with my aqua painter and watercolor crayons.

I think the problem is they need something in the top right corner. The balance just seems off to me. I am going to try and come up with something to put there but I had to go ahead and post these because I have to leave a comment on Beate's blog with a link to my cards before tomorrow. She generates a random number and if you are that number comment you win! I am all about winning (even though it never happens to me).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, thanks for trying out the sketch even if you had a hard time with it.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer,
I'm all about the winning too!!!
I agree that the card needs something in the corner. I put a couple of eyelets and a bow on mine. It made a big difference.

ChrissyM said...

Pretty cards! I think they look great as is. I think if you add something to the upper corner it may then through the card off some. Not really sure, I'm no expert. You can read my blog at least once a week and see there's a card on there I made that I'm not certain of. But I think your cards look nice. Like the stamps and colors you used.

Anonymous said...

They're fab cards!! They're pretty and I love the colours. :)
Vanessa.

UrgentCookie said...

I like what you did. I like the layout. :0)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Great cards. Love the colors, they are so happy and springy! :)

Anonymous said...

I like the cards alot...love the colors!

Teresa said...

I like the colors in the cards a lot.

Anonymous said...

Just looking at these cards again..I really love the colors..especially the cardstock!

Those are really beautiful!